By: Clayton Houston
Blackland Home Inspections
The Dallas real estate market has been cooling off in recent months, but there are still opportunities for buyers to find great deals. If you’re a buyer, now is a great time to make an offer on a house. Here are a few reasons why:
- Home prices are starting to level off. After years of rapid price growth, the Dallas real estate market is starting to cool off. This is good news for buyers, as it means that you may be able to negotiate a better price on a home.
- There is inventory available. Based on data from the Texas A&M Real Estate Research Center, The number of homes for sale in Dallas has stayed pretty flat during recent months. This gives buyers options to choose from.
- Mortgage rates are still relatively low. While mortgage rates have increased in recent months, they are still relatively low compared to historical standards. This means that you can still afford to buy a home, even if you have to borrow more money.
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Dallas, here are a few tips:
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage before you start shopping. This will show sellers that you’re a serious buyer and that you have the financial resources to purchase a home. Expect surprises! Lenders look at every detail of your finances when granting pre-approval. Be prepared to answer lender questions as soon as they come up.
- Work with a qualified real estate agent. A good real estate agent can help you find the right home for your needs and budget, and they can negotiate on your behalf. We have a recent blog post about finding the perfect real estate agent for you.
- Be prepared to act quickly. The Dallas real estate market is still very competitive, so be prepared to act quickly when you find a home that you love.
If you’re a buyer who is ready to make an offer on a house, don’t hesitate. The Dallas real estate market is still a good place to buy, and there are still opportunities to find great deals.
Why You Should Get a Home Inspection:
Once you make an offer and have an executed contract on a home, it’s important to get a home inspection. A home inspection is a professional assessment of the condition of a home. It can identify any potential problems with the home, such as structural defects, electrical hazards, plumbing leaks, problems with the heating and cooling systems and even take a look at the built-in appliances.
Getting a home inspection can save you a lot of money in the long run. If you buy a home without getting an inspection, you may be surprised by expensive repairs that need to be made. A home inspection can also help you negotiate a better price on the home.
It is important to consider a home inspection company that also offers other services related to the home inspection. These services include wood destroying insect (termite) inspections, sewer scope inspections, foundation elevation measurements, thermal imaging, outbuildings, septic systems, and irrigation/sprinkler systems. It is also important to consider hiring an experienced home inspection company. Be sure to check the online reviews for the home inspection company you are considering. Choosing the wrong home inspection company can also be very expensive, due to defects that may be missed. The phrase, “You get what you pay for” is very true when it comes to hiring a home inspector. Experienced professionals may have higher fees, but often offer the highest level of customer service and can help you navigate the home inspection process. Cheap home inspection companies can cost you greatly in the long run.
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Dallas, contact Blackland Home Inspections today to schedule a home inspection. We will help you identify potential problems with the home so that you can make an informed decision about your purchase.